COURSES: Southern students must register for either LIT 398: Italian Journeys or ITA 203: Italian Culture in Italy. In addition, students are strongly encouraged to register for one of the following 3-credit language courses to be taken in Montepulciano: ITA 100: Italian I, ITA 101: Italian II, ITA 200: Italian III, or ITA 210: Italian IV. These 3 credits will count towards the SCSU language requirement (LEP Tier 1/Multilingual). Students interested in enrolling in this optional 3-credit language course will be required to submit an additional fee of $905.00 to the Office of International Education by May 1, 2015.
REQUIREMENTS: One semester of college-level Italian or equivalent and 2.5 grade point average is required. Completion of Southern’s risk management paperwork is required before traveling abroad. Students should have student records free of disciplinary problems and must have a valid Passport.
PROGRAM FEES: $ 4,400
Program Fee Includes:
• Airfare, lodging, round-trip domestic transportation from SCSU to the airport
• Entrance to all cultural activities sponsored by the program, including two nights in Rome, and day trips to Siena and Florence
• Visit to the Etruscan underground city of Chiusi
• 4 group dinners
• 1 group breakfast
Program Fee Does Not Include:
• SCSU tuition and summer registration fee ($1,426.00)
• 3 credits tuition at Montepulciano for those students enrolling in the optional 3- credit language course ($905.00 payable to the OIE)
• personal meals and expenses, touring, books, laundry, snacks, medical and living expenses, or any additional expenses that alter the itinerary or arrangements.
For additional information and applications contact:
Dr. Pina Palma
Southern Connecticut State University
Department of World
Languages & Literature EN D159